We respect and reinforce children’s rights and work towards a world where every less privileged child will have equal opportunities to access quality education so they can escape from poverty and fulfill their dreams. As an organization we are engaged in helping to improve access and the right of the less privileged
children to attain quality education through the provision of school materials to aid their learning process and help in spreading awareness, motivate parents and beneficiaries in targeted locations on the importance of education, facilitating and supporting the model of child friendly education atmosphere. This helps create interest amongst vulnerable children towards formal education. Our child protection approach could be described as the measures/mechanisms that are in place to prevent and respond to abuse, exploitation, neglect, and all forms of violence against children.
- Advocate and share best practices on how children and teenage girls can maintain resilience while they continue to exercise their rights and voice on key security and developmental priorities limiting them to reach their full potentials.
- Work in partnership with the Ministry of Social Welfare Children and Gender Affairs to protect the welfare of children and report abuse on children’s issues in Southern Province.
- To provide transformative education, especially for boys and girls encountering orphaning, violence, neglect, social exclusion, and disabilities etc.
- Setting up a kid’s club in schools, we take the kids club through a series of training on life skills, by simply building their knowledge base on good societal values, behaviors, culture, and good characters that are accepted in societies we live in. The lives skills trainings concentrate on five core acceptance skills like:
- Critical thinking in answering questions and solving problems.
- Communication, i.e., public speaking, drawing, writing.
- Relationship caring, concern, compassion, empathy
- Emotional management i.e., self-control, self-esteem.
- Social responsibility i.e., desires to contribute to and improve society.
- Organized radio discussions programme on child protection issues in Sierra Leone.